How will you apply the concept of the monitor model as future English Teacher

 

How will you apply the concept of the monitor model as a future English Teacher?


Sometimes I wonder how teachers become great in their profession even if no one noticed their perseverance and consistency in teaching. It is easy for students to distinguish a teacher who has heart in their chosen career. Students can feel the seriousness and can see the ability of a teacher once they teach. Students regardless of their capacity to acquire learning from a good teacher. That is not magic it is the work of a teacher who knows what exactly they are doing.

What if I become a teacher? This is the question I am processing in my mind today.  Applying the concept of Stephen Krashen’s monitor model is what I needed, to become an effective and reliable teacher to my future students. First I need to plan, teaching without planning is useless. Because my goal is to have meaningful interaction with my students. I would like to understand my student first. I need to monitor each and everyone’s progress. According to Krashen’s monitor model learning is accomplished either through learning (formal, conscious learning about language) or through acquisition (informal, subconscious learning through experience with the language. As a teacher, I will discourage my students from watching non-sense movies, instead, I will suggest things that are beneficial to their growth. I will prepare lessons that are more comprehensible to them. I will not pressure my students If I see them mentally ill to avoid stress and anxiety. I will lend my ears to them and try to reach them out. Following the concept of monitor model means to motivate children and help them boost their confidence. I will be a teacher who is willing to listen to their problems. I am going to communicate with students naturally. Aside from the first-hand learning of my students, the moment they will be in my class to study formally, I will input into their minds the knowledge they needed including grammar but minimal for this. I want my students to participate in class to engage in interaction with them. I will make sure to follow up with questions or ask them to make a reflection on the lesson discussed. As their teacher, I going to monitor my student to help them correct their mistakes and polish their speaking skills. 

When we apply the concept of the monitor model, someday we will help students to be confident in themselves. We can resolve the anxiety of children that hinders their studies. A teacher is effective when he is good at what he is performing. A teacher who plans ahead of time will become successful.  As a future teacher, it is important to be guided by some learning like monitor model.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ang Paglikha Ng Diyos sa Sanlibutan

Jeepney

Let it go